Raymond Rutherford Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 2005 ~$35 US
About the Winery
Raymond Napa Valley wines reflect a family dedication to excellence and five generations of Napa Valley winemaking. Viticulture and winemaking experience, along with premium fruit from vineyards selected for climate and soil type, are combined to produce consistently superb wines.
This dense, dark Cabernet opens with the fresh aromas of blueberries and linen, with a twist of the more opulent overtones of roasted meats, cigars, and the forest floor. On the palate, the wine is full-bodied and powerful as minerality and earthiness intermingle with the sweetness of elderberry and currants. This wine is evenly structured and well balanced with a beautifully extended finish.
Best Picks - Available Now
Joseph Phelps Freestone 2009 ~$40 A delicious Pinot Noir with Cabernet like nuances. Beautiful to drink and affordable. SE Michigan readers can seek it at Nectars in Orchard Lake, MI http://www.nectarswinebar.com/ 100% estate-grown Pinot Noir. This complex and lively Pinot Noir exhibits aromas of juicy black cherry and balsamic reduction, hints of anise, cassis, dried […]
Summers Calistoga Cabernet Sauvignon ~ $20 Just as Andriana Summers has grown up, so has Summers Villa Andriana Vineyard. With the maturity of both Andriana and the Villa Andriana Vineyard, comes our first ever Summers Calistoga Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon. Summers Calistoga Napa Valley Cabernet is a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon grapes procured from several […]
- A Festive Fizzy Red for Antipasti and Parties (Wine Spectator) February 1, 2013Lini Oreste & Figli Lambrusco Emilia Rosso Labrusca 910 NV
- A Spanish White Not to Overlook (Wine Spectator) November 12, 2012Bodegas Godeval Valdeorras Viña Godeval 2010
- A Racy Riesling Anchors a Family Day at Sea (Wine Spectator) November 6, 2012Ravines Finger Lakes Riesling Dry 2008
- Red Burgundy at the River Café (Wine Spectator) September 18, 2012Vincent Girardin Pommard Les Vignots 2009
- A Beaujolais for a Lakeside Dinner (Wine Spectator) September 12, 2012Louis Jadot Morgon Château des Jacques 2009